Saturday, July 26, 2014

Mel On...Well Crap (yet another doctor visit)

My knee has been burning pretty badly since my last three mile run walk on Sunday.  I expected it to bother me a bit but I didn't expect the tingling in my left shin (which has been constant for a while now) to also head up into my left breastbone and now my left elbow.

The tingling in my breastbone was off and on for a little over two days, then last night I started having troubles with my arm. (It feels like you laid on it wrong and you should just be able to straighten it out and it will go away but it doesn't go away).  It was hard for me to fall asleep and then when I woke up this morning all three were constant and have been constant all day.

It freaked me out enough to go to the ER (especially when you Google tingling on one side of your body) and the doctor wanted to send me up to a neurologist for a MRI of my spine...BUT we are leaving in six days...so he gave me Naproxen and told me to make an appointment in VA as soon as we in-process because I really do need it checked out.

I've had quite the luck here with MRI's...anyway, he doesn't believe that the pain in my knee has anything to do with my actual knee but inflammation of some sort in my spine.  I guess we shall - again - wait and see.... #funtimes

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear that! Can u see a chiropractor ? I would try that before u fly!

    ReplyDelete