Thursday, October 17, 2013

Mel On..My First Running Clinic

Today I went to my first running clinic.  I was really excited because I thought they were going to take us to the track and watch us run, analyze our form, do some drills, etc.  I guess I got the wrong class...


Don't get me wrong, the class had useful information but it was basically sitting in a conference room watching a slideshow about how to pass a PT test (a 1.5 mile PT test).  1.5 MILES.  Everything we went over I've gotten or could have gotten from a 10 minute conversation with my friend, Billy.  

Although we didn't do any major track work, we were shown some drills to do before easy runs.  That part I liked.  I'm a hands-on learner so it was helpful to have someone show me how to do some of the drills rather than just reading about them and doing them on my own.  Plus, it pumped me for my 5-miler I had to do afterwards...so that was good.

Speaking of the 5-miler, this one was WAY better than my run the other day!  My legs felt good, my lungs felt good, my tummy felt good, and my head was in the game.  I also had my friend Bri to keep me company and that always makes me happier! 

Only two more runs and one cross-training session and this week is OVER.  Then I begin my taper before the trip to Athens.  Aggghhh!  I am so excited and so nervous at the same time!!!!!  ATHENS!!!!

23 days, 13 hours, 54 minutes, 51 seconds



1 comment:

  1. So proud of you...you got this...you are in my thoughts and prayers daily!

    ReplyDelete