Monday, December 2, 2013

Mel On...Getting It Together (or trying to)

So I was like, "I PR'd today in a race I didn't think I would finish...take that plantar fasciitis." 

And my feet were all  like, "well...okay..."

And they took it, they did...but then those bastards resent it in a fiery storm straight up my heels.  OUCH!!!!


So here I am typing this with my heels wrapped in a frozen bag of vegetables.  I need another Motrin but my butt is too sore to get up off the couch thanks to another Amanda workout.  I knew when I walked into the room and overheard her say that she was tired today that I should just turn around and walk run back out.  But alas, I was seen and walking out then would just make the next time I came back equally as painful so I stayed...I stayed for burpees, plank jacks, tricep dips, reverse crunches, dive bombers, plie squats, those weird walk out plank/push up things and a dozen other crazy, calorie burning, muscle twitching, insane forms of torture being dosed out by a tired Amanda....BUT I LOVE IT!!!

She doesn't know it yet but she is going to be one of my secret weapons next year.  I'm setting up my training plan for the Rock-n-Roll 10 Miler in Nice, France (which she is also running by the way!) and I really want to work on strength and speed this time around.  You heard me right, I said the "s-word"  - speed!  I want to beat a 1:45:00. Her classes are perfect for that because they focus on legs, butt, balance, and core (much like FemFusion Fitness and I love me some FemFusion!).  

So, if all goes right (and my feet stop being angry at me), I plan to build my long runs back up to 15 miles, revert back to 10 every other week, do at least one speed work session, a medium run, and an easy run or two every week (in addition to Amanda, Renee, and FemFusion workouts).  Whew, I am tired just thinking about that jazz!

But it should work!  My girls mean business and if I set out on a goal I know they will do everything in their power to help me succeed in it...because they are awesome...and I love them...and they never let me down, so I sure as heck can't let them down...and all that sappy, dappy mess!  

2.16.14 -- BRING IT!

1 comment:

  1. Heal those puppies before you do permanent damage. Your mother said so!!!!

    :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete