Thursday, December 5, 2013

Mel On...Homburg Cross-Training Hike

Today I went on my first cross-training hike with a lovely bunch of ladies from my running group...AND I LOVED IT!


The trail went 13+ km around castle ruins and ponds in the nearby village of Homburg.  There was a great mix of terrain and the scenery was simply gorgeous!  Some of the hills were a little intense but it's awesome training for my next race...an upside for my backside!

Here are some pics from today's hike along with a link for the Top 10 Health Benefits of Hiking, I highly recommend giving it a try!  Although I have to be honest and admit that I probably won't do a 4 hr hike and deep water running again in the same week...very, very aware of my quads and calves here...



(Photo by Maddy B.)
(Photo by Maddy B.)



This used to be an old bear pit!
(Photo by Maddy B.)
(Photo by Maddy B.)
(Photo by Laura S.)
(Photo by Maddy B.)

What's your favorite cross-training activity for running?

1 comment:

  1. Awesome pics. What a great group of ladies. You look awesome! Miss you.

    ReplyDelete