Thursday, February 27, 2014

Mel On..."Fun" Run (okay, okay, okay)

Yesterday's new trail run was awesome! Also awesome, today's "fun run" with Bri!  I've been looking forward to this "run" all week (a run incorporating sprints, hill work, and calisthenics).......okay, okay, so it doesn't sound that fun when you get down to it...and a couple times during it I honestly thought my heart was going to leap out of my chest...but it really was fun!



Bri:  "Okay, we are going to run through the fields and once we reach the bridge we are going to stop for push-ups."
Me:  "Okay....(trying not to notice we were running at a faster pace than normal)....okay....(almost to the bridge)....okay, okay, okay."
Bri:  "5 more and then we are going to sprint around to the main road."
Me:  "Okay, okay (gasping for air)....okay, okay, okay."
Bri:  "You are a gazelle!  Halfway there!"
Me:  "OMG, OKAY, OKAY, OKAY, gazelle...I am a gazelle, dagnabit!"
Bri:  "Okay, now lets run back to the park and do bench jumps."
Me:  "Okay?"
Bri:  "Okay, now wide push-ups."
Me:  "Okay...okay....okay, okay, okay."
Bri:  "Okay, now let's hit the swings."
Me:  "(Thinking ooohhh, swings! And then realizing we were going into push-up position with our feet on the swing and pulling our feet to our chest) Okay, I got this, okay...I don't have this, I don't have this, I don't have this..."
Bri:  "Okay, now back to the bench."
Me:  "Okay, okay, okay, (then having every muscle in my core quiver doing more leg pull-ins) OKAY!"
Bri:  "Okay, now the teeter-totter!"
Me: "Okay?? (not getting excited after the whole swing thing)."
Bri:  "Okay, now lets run back through the village to the stairs for tricep dips."
Me:  "Okay...finally catching my breathe...okay!"
Bri:  "Okay...hill repeats on your hill (the hill in front of my house)...then hill repeats on my hill!"
Me:  "Okay, don't die, don't die, don't die, okay, okay, okay...OKAY...I AM A LION, finishing last hill strong...A LION!"
Bri:  "Okay, one mile cool down?"
Me:  "OKAY!"


It was amazeballs.  If only we had a dollar for every time "okay" was said, lol!  It definitely became the "word of the day," but on a run like that you gotta have a positive reinforcer.


Bri:  "Okay, wanna do this again next week?!"
Me:  "OKAY!"


No comments:

Post a Comment