Saturday, March 1, 2014

Mel On...3rd Annual Cuddeback Memorial 5K

Today was the 3rd Annual A1C Zachary Cuddeback Memorial 5K.  This is the second year I have ran this race and it just keeps getting better!  There were hundreds of runners, supporters, and volunteers who came out to remember the life of a fallen Airman and raise money for an amazing cause!

A1C Zachary Cuddeback was an outstanding invidiual who was tragically taken from us on March 2, 2011 at Frankfurt International Airport, Germany by a misguided individual targeting the United States military.  A1C Cuddeback was one of the two Airmen who lost their lives during the shooting, while two additional Airmen were critically injured and had to undergo numerous surgeries to recover from the incident.  A1C Cuddeback served as a vehicle operator/ dispatcher for the 86th Vehicle Readiness Squadron (VRS) for over a year and was an integral part of the VRS family.  He is survived by his mother, father, and brother in America. -- 86th VRS

Here are the pics:


Packet pick-up!  
Sporting my Cuddeback green shirt!
Pre-race pics:  Me and my cousin, Viki!
My sweet girl!
Someone didn't want their picture taken with their Mama!
Me and Jen!
Me and Melissa!  This was our last race together before she moves :(
Getting ready to line up!

Love seeing such a great turnout! 

Almost start time!
(And, I still wear it BG and EG!)

Let's DO THIS!
Here we come!


We did it!

I have no idea what was going on in this picture, lol!
Our little super-supporters!
The course wasn't chip timed but from my watch I ran a 29:13.  Last year I ran 28:50.  I honestly feel like I ran this one faster (even though I walked twice) but whatevs, I am excited!  I averaged my first sub-9 mile in a race! 8:46!


....PLUS, I got to run the last quarter mile with my little boy!  We crossed the finish line hand-in-hand!  Love you, bugh!  (A photographer at the event took a photo, I will post as soon as I receive it!)

A wonderful event in memory of a wonderful Airman!




No comments:

Post a Comment