Monday, September 30, 2013

Mel On...Mama's Got a New Pair of Shoes!

Well...I did go to Fem Fusion last Friday but I did not do that 4-miler.  I did something much better for my knees (and my psyche)...Mama went shoe shopping!


The awesome guy at the shoe store re-analyzed my feet and running form (he couldn't translate the gait analysis I received on base).  I was leery of the language barrier at first but we seemed to be able to charade everything out really well.  He ended up recommending the same shoes the lady at base did (which just so happened to be the same shoes I already had and were comfortable with).  I did take Billy's advice and go a size up though and I'm glad I did.  Let me tell you, stepping into these things felt like walking on a CLOUD!  I didn't realize just how bad my shoes had gotten until I slipped on a new pair.  There is definitely a reason they tell you to change your shoes every 400-500 miles!
Getting technical ya'll


So I'm really happy with how it all played out.  They were having a "Buy 1 Get 1 1/2 Off" sale so I got this year's regular model and the same model but in Gortex for about the same price as I paid for one pair of shoes last year.  Only thing I was bummed about was the fact that they didn't have my grey/pink color combo in the regular model...but I think I will survive, especially since I can now run without getting my feet wet :)  Can't wait to try these bad boys out!  



Happy Friday, Ya'll!

1 comment:

  1. YAY! If you are going to do this you gotta have the right equipment. You know Christmas and your birthday are just around the corner..so no excuse for not having what you need. (wink..wink) ;)☺♥

    ReplyDelete