Friday, September 13, 2013

Mel On...Sprints, Pleeeease....

Today was sprints/interval speed work day.  Let me tell you, usually me and either s* word (speed or sprints) do NOT mix.  Today, the stars must have aligned because today I rocked that track.  ROCKED IT.



I started off with a light jog once around to warm up then I sprinted the long straightway, walked the curve, jogged the straightway/curve, sprinted the straightway, and on and on for a total of 3 miles.  The last time I tried this I about ripped my own legs off my body so I would never be able to run again.  If I remember correctly, I could only hold out for about 2 miles before I ahem, quit like a crying baby, but in my defense, I attempted this after an Amanda workout.  So score for me for even trying that jazz.

Anyway, for whatever reason today I was just in the zone.  I had gone to a Fem Fusion (core fitness) class earlier in the morning and those classes always seem to brighten my day a bit.  But I had learned my lesson from before and waited about 1 1/2 hrs (refueling and resting) before heading out.  I was worried because I had done 7 miles the day before but it was just one of those days were running just felt good.  And, for the first time EVER doing speed work, my watch actually beeped (the sound of angels) telling me my workout was complete before I even looked down to see how much farther I had left!  AND, I maxed my best pace at 4:52 min/mile.  YES!!!  Today was a good  day.

...So, here's hoping those stars just stay aligned for the next 57 days, 18 hours, 57 minutes, and 19 seconds....

1 comment: