Thursday, March 6, 2014

Mel On...A Maddy Run

My little girl loves going on runs with me (and by running I mean me pushing her 40 lb body in what feels like an 80 lb stroller).  Every time I go out the door, "Mommy, can I go with you?!"  I love taking her but it is KILLER trying to get around the hills in our village with that darn stroller.  SOOOOO...I kicked her out of it.


Not really, not really...but really. 

Actually, she asked me this past winter if she can start "running" with me (I think she finally got the hint she was too big for the stroller when the last time we tried it we almost didn't make it home).  Anyway, I was so excited for her (and for me, not gonna lie) that I promised once it got warmer that I would let her and we would go on our own "runs" in the afternoons.

Well, today was PERFECT running weather (I should know I did another "fun run" with my girl, Bri, this morning...after that and today's workout video from the "Spring Training" Challenge going on over at FemFusion Fitness my legs are on FIRE), but, I digress...perfect running weather, sunny and in the upper-50's!

As soon as I picked her up from school she asked me, "Mommy, did you go running today?"  Yes, ma'am.  I did.  "Can, WE go running today?!"  OF COURSE!

Excited was an understatement!  She ran into the house and flew up the stairs.  First she picked out her "running outfit" and then she had to pick out my "running outfit."  

"Mom, Mom, I really need some new running shoes but it's okay, I can wear these for today...but, OH, MOMMY, don't forget water.  We need that. Oh, oh, oh, you should wear your new belt and we can put water in that and you can have one side and I can have the other side, look this can be your side and this can be my side...MOMMY, don't forget HEADBANDS we need headbands...and your phone...and music...oh, and our sunglasses....IT'S GOING TO BE SO MUCH FUN, MOMMY!"

OMG, I love her.  All 40 lbs of her.  Gah.
















She did really good too!  I honestly didn't think she would make it out of our village but we went halfway around the nearby fields and back to the bus stop before she was ready to go home (1.24 miles in 24:11).

Baby girl can SPRINT, let me tell you!  She probably sprinted at least 45%, skipped 10%, and walked the rest.  Form is something she definitely does not have (think Phoebe from "Friends") but it's something we will work on.  She was just so darn cute!  She'd run little, walk a little, skip a little, run a little...I had the best time out there with her.  She was so, so happy.  We just laughed and talked and encouraged one another and I didn't want it to end!  I hope this is something we can continue to do for a very, very long time!  


I love you, Maddy Rae!

2 comments: