Saturday, March 29, 2014

Mel On...RACE NIGHT!

Tomorrow morning we are heading down the German wine road for another half marathon! Hello, Deutsche Weinstrasse! This race only happens every other year so I am super stoked I get to run this one before we leave.  SUPER STOKED!



I didn't think I would be this excited but I should know better by now. There is something about the night before and the morning of a race that is just, well, exciting!  It's like Christmas...you don't know what you are going to get.  It could be a PR!  The stars could align and tomorrow could be your day...or, the weather can go to crap, your Ipod could die, and you could DNR...anything could happen!


Adding to the excitement is that almost everyone I know is going to be at the race tomorrow!  Several of us are going to caravan up and meet up with running group at the Expo.  One of my besties and her family are also going to cheer us on and take photos of the race!  My kids even made signs to hold up at the finish line.  I laughed so hard I almost cried when I saw my son's...it says "GO MOMMY" and then at the bottom it says "Could I play the Xbox1?"  Gah, I love him.


It reminded me of this!


...and did I mention there would be wine involved in this one...WINE! 


I can't wait for tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment