Friday, March 21, 2014

Mel On...(Another) Friday Night Wine Run


It's 4:28 p.m. I'm pacing in front of my window.  I have a 4:30 p.m. group run. WHERE IS MY HUSBAND?!  He pulls in and I quickly kiss him goodbye as I strap on my watch and head out the door...didn't care it was upper 40's, didn't care it was rainy, didn't care there were 18 mph winds, didn't care about the fog or the fact that it was going to be dark by the time I got home.  Didn't care.  All I cared about was getting to my group run...I JUST WANTED TO RUN!


The run left out from "the loop" in the village next to mine.  Taking the short-cut it only took about 2 miles to catch up with the group on the trail (a lot better than last time, lol!). We did the short loop so it was only about 5 miles, 5 easy, conversational-paced miles with a great group of ladies.  I didn't realize how much I miss those runs until I don't do them for a while!


And then, of course, there is the whole "let's drink some wine" afterwards thing.  You can't pass that part up!  I chalk it up to cross-training...which is good to remember because I completely keep forgetting I have another half marathon next weekend!  I've been so focused on Madrid I keep forgetting about Weinstrasse, but I'm not running that for time (I am straight up running that one for the wine!).

Speaking of wine...I think I will have one more glass (strictly for training purposes, ya'll) and stretch out this old leg...prost!





No comments:

Post a Comment