Saturday, November 9, 2013

Mel On...The Best Support System EVER!

Well, this is it....tomorrow is "RACE DAY!"  I can't believe how incredibly long it has taken to get to this point and how ridiculously fast it seemed to come.  Tonight I just want to sincerely thank all my family and friends for their love and support throughout this amazing journey.  I'm sitting here in our hotel room going through all the little inspirations and motivational quotes from everyone and I am humbled.  I HAVE THE BEST SUPPORT SYSTEM EVER!  No matter what tomorrow brings I will be happy.  How can I not when there are that many people out there who love me and are rooting for me?!

 "Punch today in the FACE!" 
"I know you will ROCK ATHENS!" 
"Just enjoy it, Mel."
"You WILL do great!" 
"You will no longer be half crazy...just crazy!" 
"You aren't going to die." 
"You are my hero. I want to be you when I grow up!" 
"That is why the guy who first ran the marathon died." 
"Just think:  BACON" 
"Enjoy the journey!' 
"And while you are out there getting where you are getting to, I hope you know that somebody loves you..." 
"Mel, don't get lost." 
"You're awesome and you inspired me to push myself.  Thanks!!  Sometimes, without knowing, you touch people.  God bless you and good luck on your marathon, your going to do GREAT!!!" 
"Of course you can do this!!!  Just remember how many people are supporting you, and  - most importantly - the two little ones who are looking up to you and watching your every move.  You are setting such a good example for health, fitness, and dedication for your kids.  You rock!" 
"When your legs get tired, run with your heart." 
"You've dreamed big, girl... Now it's time to watch your dream become reality! I'm so proud of you." 

"When times are tough on the course, remember all the work you've put into this moment.  Visualize the faces of your beautiful family who is, in a sense, running with you and have trained with you every step of your journey...not physically, but indirectly by supporting your decision to do what only 1% of Americans have accomplished.  This is your day, Mel.  This is a day that you will tell your grandchildren about.  What's even more amazing is that you will be a member of a very special fraternity...you will be a marathoner."


And to top that all off...these where the last words my kids told me before they went to bed:
 "Win Mom, and have a great day, and don't get off the track, and I love you." - Jackson
"Don't get off the track and give up.  Have a great day and you are my hero and I love you." - Maddy 

I  am officially in beastmode.....BRING IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment