Thursday, November 14, 2013

Mel On...The Morning After

I woke up the next morning expecting not to be able to get out of bed.  I was pleasantly surprised to be able to get up and move around without any major soreness/stiffness...the bottoms of my feet hurt but that was about it!

It was weird to look around the hotel room at the "aftermath" of the race...








Anyway, I popped some Motrin just in case any soreness was hidden by the fact that I was still on Cloud 9!  Billy checked in on me for a "systems" update.  I told him I felt worse after my first half than I did after my first full, which was quite exciting!  My only major complaint was the bottoms of my feet.  I was a little sunburned (especially the left side of my face), my abs were slightly sore - they didn't hurt but I noticed them more, my arms/shoulders were a little sore and my knees hurt a little going down the stairs but my legs/butt/back/hips/shins all felt surprisingly good.  I could get up and walk around with no problems/delays....SCORE!

1 comment: