Friday, January 10, 2014

Mel On...Home Workouts (Quick Core!)

Every now and then my schedule gets jammed and I have to (or in this case, want to) cram a workout in at home.  I have a love/hate relationship with this.  I LOVE that it is convenient...I can do it in any weather and at any time of the day...yadda, yadda, yadda...

However, I hate that I can't ever seem to give them my 100% undivided attention or effort.  I am either surrounded by my wonderful children who need constant refereeing...or a snack...or the t.v. turned on...or they want to play with my phone...or sit on my back when I'm trying to bend my body into a downward dog...

...or, I hear the dryer beeping and I am reminded of all the housework that needs to be done....or the dogs think it's play time...or cuddle time.  I swear they think my yoga mat is their personal doggy bed.

I love my little life, I really do!  But I also love my workout time and I can't figure out how to get the two to coincide when I am at home.  And, I've committed to doing one (or more) of the Quick Core workouts a day from now until April...so I better figure it out soon!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Wanna see what it's like?  Here...my daughter took pictures after this week's "hike"....when she was playing on my phone...when she was trying to convince me to change the t.v. channel...when one puppy was trying to lay on me and the other trying to get me to play ball...and then they stole my water bottle...






You just gotta love her...but seriously, THAT'S MY WATER BOTTLE!

How do you sneak in a workout at home?

1 comment:

  1. Lock them all in the play room and wear a pair of ear plugs? Good luck with that one.

    ReplyDelete