Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Mel On..."The Loop"

I ran "the loop" today for the first time since Athens.  It's just a 5 mile loop in a nearby village, nothing spectacular about it...other than the fact that I have HOURS upon HOURS upon HOURS of run time on that thing!

(...ummmm, and it's gorgeous!)
I wasn't prepared to get all emotional over a trail but stepping out onto it was really like being reunited with an old friend again!  And, I actually was reunited with some old friends again because today was a group run with some of the gals from my running group.  It was so nice to see everyone and catch up (literally, I literally had to catch up with most of them...how are they so fast?!).  I did it though, and I had a blast!  I wasn't ready to end the run when it was over.  I was so used to running it 3-4 times that I felt like I cheated by only running it once.

Although my legs would have gone again, my lungs were more than happy to end when we did!  I woke up Sunday with a deep cough (kinda like the one before the marathon).  It scared me enough that I bailed on my long run and took another rest day...trying to be smart about it this time...trying...

973.39 miles left to go!

1 comment:

  1. Don't let it linger...get it checked out...or you may find yourself having to miss a lot more running...the flu bug is turning deadly this year. Sending feel better vibes your way.

    ReplyDelete